In February 2021, Avert became an accredited member of the PIF TICK scheme. The PIF TICK is the UK-wide quality mark for health information, giving you confidence that you can trust the health information you are reading.
In order to achieve this certification, we demonstrated that the health information we produce is:
- designed to meet an identified consumer need
- based on reliable, up-to-date evidence
- developed with users, and open to user feedback
- accessible to our users
- promoted to make sure it reaches those who need it
- measured and evaluated after publication.
- All of our information resources that have been approved by the PIF TICK carry its logo.
What is the PIF TICK?
The PIF TICK is a certification programme developed by the Patient Information Forum (PIF) and is open to National Health Service, charity, voluntary and private sector organisations based in the UK who create and publish health information.
Avert was previously certified by the UK’s Information Standard, a similar certification scheme for trusted information which closed down in 2018.
Let us know what you think!
We are grateful for any feedback we receive on our information and resources. If you have anything you would like to tell us about our information resources, please submit your views through the feedback button on the right-hand side of our webpages.
For more about the PIF TICK, visit the website.